Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blueberry Nectarine Soup



Ingredients:

- 12 oz blueberries
- 1 nectarine
- any fruity toppings you'd like

How to:


1. Blend blueberries and nectarine.
2. Pour over fruity toppings, I used 10 oz blackberries.

Calories: 435, 89/6/5

Fruity tip:
If you find yourself with more ripe fruit than you can eat before it goes bad...freeze it! One of the hardest things for me about eating a high fruit diet is keeping enough ripe fruit in the house. And occasionally I'll find myself with too much. So I freeze it and save it for later when I don't have enough.

Here's how I do it: If your fruits need peeling, seeding, etc. do that. Then lay them out on a baking pan in the freezer (this helps them from sticking together). When they're frozen, put them in a container.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin -

    Nice-looking blog! I really haven't been eating recipes, per se - just fruit. But I like looking at blogs of other lfrv foodies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! That's awesome that you're just eating fruit! That's what I'm trying to move toward eventually. I've been trying to eat mono meals during the day for the most part then I usually make a little something at night. Enjoy!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete