Saturday, February 12, 2011
When you feel like digging in your fridge and pigging out on chips and dip, or pasta, or ice cream, etc. Get in your kitchen, blend this up and guzzle it down. Then tell me if you feel scarfing down cooked objects formerly known as food.
- at least 7 bananas, the more the better.
- 1 pint strawberries preferably from your farmers market.
- a few frozen strawberries if you like it cool
- 4-6 dates
1. Put all in blender with enough water to get desired consistency and blend.
*it makes a lot more than is in the picture, but I drank half of it before I thought of taking the picture. :)
Thursday, February 10, 2011
- 1 small avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 large red, orange, or yellow bell pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- optional - pinch of fresh parsley, cilantro, or basil
1. Blend all ingredients in blender
2. Add in a little love, blend again.
This goes really well with the collard wraps or can be used as a salad dressing. And it makes quite a lot. I usually share.
Sorry for not having a picture. I'll add one next time I make it.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Sorry for the LONG hiatus. I've traveled, been without internet, etc. But I'm back! And here's a recipe. As soon as I get a picture I'll post the dip that I eat with these. Enjoy!
- Several collard leaves, the bigger the better.
- veggies of choice (I used carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, grape tomatoes cut in half, and spring mix)
1. Cut the stem out of the collards, cutting the leaf in 2.
2. Julienne all veggies (cut into long thin strips)
3. Lay collard leaf bottom side up with one of the short sides closest to you
4. Place all veggies at the edge of the leaf close to you and roll.
5. EAT!! YUMMY!