Thursday, February 3, 2011

Collard Wraps


Sorry for the LONG hiatus. I've traveled, been without internet, etc. But I'm back! And here's a recipe. As soon as I get a picture I'll post the dip that I eat with these. Enjoy!


Ingredients:

- Several collard leaves, the bigger the better.
- veggies of choice (I used carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, grape tomatoes cut in half, and spring mix)

Directions:

1. Cut the stem out of the collards, cutting the leaf in 2.
2. Julienne all veggies (cut into long thin strips)
3. Lay collard leaf bottom side up with one of the short sides closest to you
4. Place all veggies at the edge of the leaf close to you and roll.
5. EAT!! YUMMY!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Erin, What sauce do you use with these? I've done these before but missing some tasty sauce to dip them into (one thing I have done is add avocados and that is satisfying, but I'm looking to diversify :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Speed, I generally dip them in this sauce - http://the811recipespot.blogspot.com/2011/02/creamy-dreamy-avocado-dip.html

    If you wanted a fat free sauce I'd suggest maybe - tomatoes, bell pepper, a couple dates, some OJ, and your choice of fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, parsley, etc)

    And if it were summer I'd say definite add a mango in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin,

    Thank you for all of the savory meal ideas!

    Angela
    www.angelaorecchio.com
    The Yachtie Glow

    ReplyDelete
  4. TITIAN SPICI | TITIAN SPICI | TITIAN SPICI | TITIAN
    TITIAN SPICI. titanium wedding ring TITIAN blue titanium cerakote SPICI. TITIAN SPICI. TITIAN SPICI. TITIAN SPICI. TITIAN SPICI. TITIAN titanium hammer SPICI. TITIAN camillus titanium SPICI. TITIAN SPICI. titanium trim as seen on tv TITIAN SPICI.

    ReplyDelete