Thursday, March 4, 2010
Tomato Mango Zucch-etti Sauce
This is a very versatile recipe. It can be used as a sauce for your zucchini noodles or other veggies as well as a dip, soup, or salad dressing. I ate the left overs as a soup after I finished my zucchini noodles.
And by the way, I just bought several boxes of champagne mangoes and I absolutely love them, so forgive me if I have mangoes in EVERY recipe for a little while! My recipes will be using champagne aka ataulfo mangoes, but any will work. They just aren't as absolutely amazing as champagne...lol, in my opinion that is.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery, optional, makes it a little saltier
- 1 champagnge/ataulfo mango
- handful of fresh cilantro, or more to taste.
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small, spiralized or sliced into noodles.*
1. Place zucchini noodles in a bowl.
2. Blend tomatoes and celery in blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Add cilantro and mango to blender and pulse until almost smooth. I like it a little chunky.
4. Pour sauce over noodles. Garnish with other vegetables and greens.
*note about making noodles out of zucchini:
- You can use a regular ole vegetable peeler to make wide fettuccine type noodles.
- You can use a julienne vegetable peeler with little teeth to make skinnier noodles:
- Or if you want to invest a little more you can buy a saladacco or spirooli. I have a spirooli (I found it in someone's throw away pile!), but mostly use my julienne vegetable peeler b/c it's smaller and easier clean up.
Total Calories: 243 (makes 1 lg 811 size portion, or 2 regular size portions of you add another zucchini) 83/10/7